Living in the City is Housing Up’s biggest – and most important – fundraiser of the year. This event helps us house and provide supportive services to more than 600 homeless and at-risk families in DC. Homelessness in the District is slowly improving, but there is still much work to do. Check out the top five reasons why you should come to Living in the City 2017 on May 31st, 2017 (6:30-8:30pm)!
- Amazing Art – Enjoy an event at the beautiful Long View Gallery, a spacious venue full of magnificent artwork. Long View Gallery is in Shaw, near the Convention Center.
- Fantastic Food – Enjoy some delicious hors d’oeuvres from Spilled Milk Catering.
- Not Your Average Happy Hour – Living in the City takes place on Wednesday, May 31. You could spend the day at your same old watering hole, or you could celebrate a great cause and learn about our mission while sharing drinks with us. If you’re a young professional, especially come to take advantage of our discounted young professional ticket rate!
- Participate in our Service Auction – All proceeds from this auction will go directly to support Housing Up’s efforts to house families and transform lives. You can help our families cover move-in fees for a new apartment, or provide school supplies to children in our programs, among other services.
- Hear about our Amazing Families – Hear the incredible story of our Client Achievement Award Recipient Joy Shepperson. Shepperson has overcome a challenging home life, but refuses to let those experiences interfere with providing a life filled with unconditional love and security for her two girls, aged 10 and 4. Come to LITC to hear the full story. You’ll be as inspired by her as we are!
Celebrate with us and help us further Housing Up’s mission of housing families and transforming lives.
For more information on tickets and sponsorships, please visit housingup.org/livinginthecity2017 or contact Christina Peay (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 202-291-5535 ext. 414