Housing Up’s Life Skills program empowers residents to make positive life changes. Through individual coaching sessions and group workshops, participants develop and improve their family decision-making, independent living, and community living skills.
Core Service Areas
Housing Up’s Life Skills curriculum operates in 5 core service areas:
- Financial Literacy and Money Management (Budget Management, Basic Banking and Checking, Credit Repair)
- Parenting (Leadership Development, Effective Communication, Roles and Responsibilities
- Housing Readiness (Budget Management, Basic Banking and Checking, Credit Repair, and Household Skills)
- Household Skills (Household Organization and Management, Hygiene and Nutrition)
- Basic Life Skills (Identity, Personal Acceptance, Problem Solving, Time Management)