As we begin a new year, we want to thank our community for their support in 2022, which allowed us to continue serving nearly 900 low-income families in Washington, DC. Since 1990, we’ve helped homeless and at-risk families thrive by providing affordable housing and opportunities for the entire family. We know that this combination sets folks up for success.
Because of you, Housing Up is an integral part of the solution to end family homelessness and increase DC’s affordable housing stock. As 2023 begins, we want to share the impact you’ve made on the families we serve through Housing Up’s 2022 Annual Report.
Our Impact & Accomplishments:
– In September and in partnership with Urban Atlantic and Triden Development Group, Housing Up completed its most recent affordable housing project, Abrams Assisted Living, which will be home to 54 seniors. Abrams Assisted Living is the first DC-funded project that combines permanent supportive housing with assisted living for seniors in one facility.
– In 2022, we served 850 families across all programs, owned/operated 426 units of affordable housing, and supported 425 units of affordable housing in our development pipeline.
– At this year’s Living in the City, we honored Ms. Holmes, who has made incredible strides toward independence and stability, and who overcame challenging circumstances to provide healthy and joy-filled lives for herself and her sons.
– In 2022, we provided close to 1,000 volunteer hours to the families we serve.
– We dedicated almost 70 hours to supporting Housing Up’s public health programming.
– Housing Up’s community helped us reach our $815,000 annual fundraising goal.
For a closer look at your impact in 2022, check out Housing Up’s 2022 Annual Report here.