Housing Up is looking for intern who is passionate about improving the lives of under-served communities in Washington, DC. This internship will provide the candidate with an in-depth understanding of the homelessness crisis in DC, the importance of affordable housing, and how Housing Up works to improve the quality of life for over 700 families living in poverty.
When: June 1st through July 31st, 3-4 days totaling 24 hours a week.
Where: Time will be split between Housing Up headquarters and two Northwest DC affordable housing properties.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Supporting Housing Up administration of both rapid re-housing and permanent supportive housing programs. This includes administrative organizational tasks, data and quality specialist support, and assisting with research projects.
- Supporting the director of Resident Services in establishing relationships with clients and maintaining regular duties.
- Conducting analysis of resident demographic data and producing executive summary of findings.
- Supporting and assisting the Philanthropy team with communications and event logistics.
- Assisting with nightly resident service programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or current undergraduate student.
- Applicable experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Experience in the social/human services field is preferred.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High confidence level in working independently.
- Knowledge of MS Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel to and from Ward 4 Housing Up locations.
- If interested, please email Dillon Ficca, Manager of Volunteer Programs and Community Engagement, with your resume and brief cover letter at [email protected]
We are looking forward to having you as part of the Housing Up team!