As 2020 and Housing Up’s 30th year of service come to a close, we want our community to know that your support allowed us to continue serving Washington, DC’s most vulnerable families. Since 1990, we’ve enabled homeless and at-risk families to thrive by providing stable housing and opportunities for the entire family to succeed.
Because of you, Housing Up is an integral part of the solution to end family homelessness and increase DC’s affordable housing stock. In 2020, we served close to 800 families across our four housing programs. As we walk into a new year, we want to share the impact you’ve made on the families we serve through Housing Up’s 2019-2020 Annual Report.
- 372 units of affordable housing owned/operated.
- 415 units of affordable housing in our development pipeline.
- 776 households served across all programs.
- At this year’s virtual Living in the City, we honored two Housing Up families that have made incredible strides toward independence and stability, both of whom overcame challenging circumstances at home to provide healthy and joy-filled lives for their daughters.
- 270 donors raised $1,262,392 (including 131 new donors).
- 1,293 volunteer hours, including virtual support in 2020.
- $96,000 raised during Living in the City 2020, allowing families to better navigate COVID-19.
For a closer look at the impact you’ve made on our community, view Housing Up’s 2019-2020 Annual Report here.