As 2021 comes to a close, we want to thank our community for their support, which allowed us to continue serving nearly 900 vulnerable families in Washington, DC. Since 1990, we’ve helped homeless and at-risk families thrive by providing deeply affordable housing and opportunities for the entire family.
Because of you, Housing Up is an integral part of the solution to end family homelessness and increase DC’s affordable housing stock. In 2021, we served close to 900 families across our four housing programs. As we walk into a new year, we want to share the impact you’ve made on the families we serve through Housing Up’s 2021 Annual Report.
- 426 units of affordable housing owned/operated
- 361 units in our development pipeline.
- 897 households served across all programs.
- At this year’s virtual Living in the City, we honored two Housing Up families that have made incredible strides toward independence and stability, both of whom overcame challenging circumstances at home to provide healthy and joy-filled lives for themselves, their families, and their community.
- 80 new donors joined our community this year, making a big impact on our Back to School and Holiday drives.
- 1,200 volunteer hours with families, including 51 service days with community partners.
- $110,000 raised during Living in the City to benefit families and programs.
For a closer look at the impact you’ve made on our community, view Housing Up’s 2021 Annual Report here.